Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 6: #14 "Getting Not So Technical with Technorati"

After logging onto Technorati, I clicked on "More in the Technorati Blog" to find a place to type in search terms. In the Advanced Search, I found 584 results for "Learning 2.0" under Posts. Then I found 310 Blogs matching "Learning 2.0". This is where I discovered many libraries posting information for learning 2.0 which seem to be very similar to our own iHCPL weekly learning lessons. I clicked on a couple of them to see what how they were learning the new technology and found them to be quite similar (Creating your own Blog). I explored some more and under the videos I found the Leaning 2.0 and iHCPL YouTube video which was added on August 31, 2007. I watched it again and smiled when "iSTAR to the rescue" came in to view. While I was exploring this part of Technorati, I watched two of the One Minute Marketing tips from our Bear Creek Branch.
I found Technorati to be a tool that contains lots of varied information but I'm not sure I like being able to get to YouTube so easily when it is a site not highly recommended for younger Internet users. Although it was nice to see so many other libraries arond the country getting on-board with 2.0.

No comments: