Saturday, October 13, 2007

Week 5: #12 Library Elf

I was finally able to log onto the Library Elf on Saturday. This discovery exercise was probably the easiest one so far. I logged onto the Elf, and created an account with an email and a password. Then, I simply added my library card Barcode number and Pin Number to the account and made the following choices: notify me by e-mail, alert me 3 days before the material checked out is actually due (so I can finish, renew, or return them)...for overdues,only one alert...for Holds, daily alerts (so they don't expire before I have a chance to check them out). Right now I don't want to add any other cards to my account. I will take it slow and easy and make sure this works for one card...my own, then later maybe add my family members cards since I'm the one who usually takes responsibilty for checking out books, including Holds, and returning books before they are overdue.
I am anxious to see how well this works. I have 4 books and one DVD checked out and one book on Hold. I'll be waiting to see if I get the alerts I requested when the time comes...

No comments: