Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 6: #13 - Tagging Makes the Web 2.0 World Go Round

I watched the Del.icio.us tutorial and was very impressed at the good explanation it provided about what Del.icio.us is and what it can do (and how to "do it" myself).

Next I looked around the Del.icio.us account for iHCPL and found more information than I thought I would.

I clicked on several bookmarks that others had used and thought that some of the information was just for fun while other information could be useful. The comments I saw ranged from very funny to quite serious.

I can see that this tool could be very useful for research assistance and it seems to be a very easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from virtualy anywhere there's a computer handy.

I do not want to create my own Deli.cio.us account right now for several reasons. First of all, I have created a ot of new accounts for this assignment so far and one more may just muddy-the-water so to speak. Secondly, I have very few things I need to bookmark for myself right now. Maybe later that could change as the potential for research assistance, as explained in the tutorial, one click on a link could send you on to find additional information that otherwise may have never been brought to light. For now, I can just find what I need without pulling them all together in one place for a "one-stop-shopping" experience. And, lastly, I think this is a little too personal...anyone can see that who has clicked on a tag to a perticular link and maybe that'ts something you don't want just anyone to know about. Anything on the inernet can become public at anytime by someone who knows how to access information and sime things are better left off the internet.

No comments: