Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 4: #9 Finding Feeds

I tried using Feedster today as well as Topix. Feedster was a lot easier to use and I looked up several sites using it. Topix was not too difficult but, like it says, it was all pretty much the news and I have enough of that in my feeds already and would rather go to some other type of sites.
I didn't try out Technorati as I already have enough "stuff" to learn about right now so I will save that for another time. My favorite method of finding feeds was to go to some of my favorite sites and look for the feed icon. (It's nice to know that I know what that little symbol means now...it's not just a cute little orangy thing hanging out on a website).
I also spent some time looking at other HCPL participants blogs just to see if I could figure out who they might be and what feeds they were attached to. I found some interseting things out there (as well as some useful information) so perhaps it is best I couldn't identify some people simply by their blogs.
So, here I sit anxiously awaiting next weeks assignment...

No comments: