Saturday, November 17, 2007

Week 9: "Downloadable Media"

I really enjoyed this Discovery Exercise. I have downloaded many audio books from Overdrive since my first learning session on "how to download" from this site when HCPL added it to its wide variety of services. I went out and bought mu first mp3 player the same day as my training and I have been downloading audios ever since.
I looked at Librivox and found it had a lot less information and nothing new. Wowio had a lot of interesting books searchable by a wide range of subjects but there were very few to choose from.
The things I like most about Overdrive is the books are very current, new, and the best sellers. You don't have to be put on a long waiting list for a Hold and you don't have to just wish the library had the book on CD so you could listen to it in the car. My husband and I like to listen to books-on-tape as we ofeten take long road trips and, even though my commute to work is short, I can easily listen to a chapter or two in the rush hour traffic on the way home. Sometimes I just can't wait to go for a ride in my car!

No comments: