Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 10: #23 Is This Really the End? Or Just the Beginning..."

Today, the journey comes to an end.
I have learned many new things during the past few weeks about all kinds of technology that is available out there. Some of the things I knew about, others I did not.
I liked learning new things and actually being able to do them on my own at my own pace. It was great to see so many fellow HCPL Staff Members walking the path with me...some ahead, some behind, and some right along beside me. Help was available and I used it on occasion...and a few times I was actually able to lend a hand to others.
I don't know if I really had a favorite...I liked finally being able to use Flickr and Avitars but I did not find the Library Elf to be a helpful tool. I much prefer the alerts I receive from Admin. for my account as well as my family members accounts. Library Elf contained a lot of additional information that was confusing when I just wanted to know what the "elf" was trying to tell me.
I can see that all 23 things could be useful in the library world today. They show more ways to gather information, share information, and store information. I'm sure before long there will be a 24th thing, then a 25th and on and on the technology world will go. I just hope I will be able to keep up with it. Doing iHCPL has been a fun way to learn and to keep on top of things...perhaps in another year or so another learning session could be done to learn about the next batch of new "gizmos and gadgets" that have come along.
It's been fun..."Thanks for the memories".

No comments: