Friday, August 21, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #62: Decoupage

I had very limited experience with decoupage before this exercise came up. I have only done one project in the past (way long ago past) and it turned out better than I expected it to. I decoupaged (is that the right term?) a notebook for school. It was a regular 3-ring-binder that was oh so plain...so, first I put stickers on it, then added a few other do-dads and before you know it, it was covered in stuff . . . that kept falling and/or peeling off. So, I remembered reading about decoupage and thought hmmm . . . that would keep the stuff from peelling off and you can still see the stuff. How cool is that?? So, I did the decoupage thingie and it worked quite nicely.

I did a simple google search (under images) and the things people have decoupaged range from simple tables and chairs to flower pots and Ostrich eggs! I don't think I will ever do it to an ostrich egg but I do have plans to make a plain, orinary, wooden serving tray fancy enough for Sunday company in the near future.

No comments: