Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #61: Craftspiration!

1) I had fun checking out the craft sites listed in this exercise. The one I liked the most was the One Hour Craft. Sometimes that's all the time I have to come up with something creative and I can use this site and I'll probably find something cute and unique. I really liked reading the "50 Reasons to Keep Making Stuff". That's me...always trying to find a reason to make stuff. I hate to throw some things away because somewhere in it is a caft just waiting to be created. But, one of these days I will have to weed out my collected stuff because Iwill never live long enough to do all the "stuff" I want to do with it. And, like my husband likes to ask "What will you do with it when it's done?" I don't know other than enjoy the sense of finally finishing something. I like to say to him: "I make stuff because I can."



2) I definitely enjoy watching a video for craft instruction. I used to use books and when I got stuck on something, I had to seek out advise or improvise. But now, with the internet, you can always find someone who has made a "good, quality" video on "how-to" do almost anything. I looked at the Crafts Channel and learned how to make decorative borders in 4 minutes, how to make pop-out folded butterflies and I also looked into some shaded cross stitich projects. Way too much "stuff" to make and do in a lifetime but hey, I can try...



3)I have always liked to create things...my other major in undergraduate school was Home Economics (Changed to Human Ecology in more recent years) and it was filled with classes of creating and making "stuff" all the time. It was great! There were classes on sewing, cooking, interior design , fashion and decorting. Classes were filled with all kinds of fun "stuff" and my life is still filled with lots of "stuff" (Not JUNK as my husband would definiely call it.) Now that I am aware of some new sites to check out, I will certainly be ready to craft again and again...if I ever get the time to do it.

No comments: